Staff, Resident, Families and Visitors:
In the interest of the recent health concerns for possible flu/Coronavirus type illnesses, we would like to remind everyone of some basic precautionary measures to use as best practices.
Basic Precautionary practice
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds after going to the bathroom, blowing your nose, coughing, after resident care and prior to leaving a resident room.
- If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with minimum of 60% alcohol.
- Wear gloves when caring for Residents and remove prior to leaving their apartment.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick, especially if they are coughing, sneezing or have fever.
- If there is even a slight risk you may not be feeling well, please limit visits to Residents
- Try not to touch your mouth, eyes and nose
- Avoid handshakes and hugging
- If you are sick, stay at home-DO NOT INFECT OTHERS
- Cover your sneezes and coughs with a tissue and throw it in the trash after one use.
- Disinfect surfaces and objects that are touched often, such as doorknobs, handrails, counters, faucets, furniture.
- If you have you, or someone you have been in contact with, traveled to outside of the United States, please notify our Executive Director.