Dear Families and Friends of CelesteCare,
Thank you again for your patience and understanding as we work to develop and prepare to implement a policy and procedure in accordance with the latest updated visitation rule released yesterday. There is some additional information I can now definitely share.
General information for reopening visitations
- Two people from each Resident may be designated as an Essential Caregiver.
- Visitations by appointment only-please call to schedule in advance
- Visitations will be limited to no more than two hours
- Only one of the two designated Essential Caregivers can visit at a time.
Testing requirements for Essential Caregivers:
Within 14 days prior to initial Essential Caregiver visit, a negative antigen or PCR COVID-19 is required. In addition, a monthly negative COVID-19 test will be required on an ongoing basis after initial visit. Each Essential Caregiver will be required to share a copy of the results with the Executive Director and/or our Resident Care Coordinator. Essential Caregivers will be required to participate in any mandated testing secondary to any potential COVID-19 outbreak within the community.
Training requirements for Essential Caregivers:
Prior to starting in the community as an Essential Caregiver, the designated individuals will be required to review the following 5 videos:
- Hand Hygiene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL1ISYDX0ac
- Cough and Sneeze Etiquette : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yLfIm7pKEU
- Personal Protective Equipment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYTATw9yav4&t=214s
- Surgical Mask – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-5RYKLYvaw
- Upon initial visit, the Executive Director and/or trained designee will meet with the Essential Caregiver to review PPE, infection control practices, answer any questions, and verify training by completing donning and doffing checklists.
- Essential Caregivers will also be required to sign an agreement form which states that they have watched the videos above and understand the training provided as well as the understanding of policy and procedures regarding Essential Caregiver Visitations.
- Essential Caregivers will be required to wear a badge when in the community. This can be obtained at sign in table.
- Essential Caregivers will be required to wear an approved face mask
- Each Essential Caregiver will need to be escorted in and out of visitation area.
I anticipate that we will be able to start allowing essential caregiver visits by no later than the end of next week, as long as we have testing results back from the Essential Caregiver and compliance with training has been met, unless we were to have a positive case in the community before then. Currently, all residents and staff have tested negative for COVID-19.
I know that this is a lot of information. And there is still more to come. But this level of detail is critical in our effort to limit the risk of exposure to and transmission of COVID-19 in our community.
Please contact me if you have any questions regarding the above information. If you have not already done so, please send me the first and last names of the two essential caregivers as indicated on their government issued photo ID. Thank you for being a part of our community. I hope you and all those close to you are healthy and safe. Have a wonderful evening!